I haven't participated in the Secret Pal exchanges in awhile and thought it would be fun to start out the new year with SP7. Here is my questionaire. I promise to post updates more often.
1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? I'm not exactly a snob, but I definitely avoid Red Heart and most 100% acrylics.
2. Do you spin? Crochet? Tried to learn spinning, gave it up. I do some crochet, but it's not something I really enjoy any more.
3. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? Circulars and DPNs are in a storage bag from a fishing supply store. Straights are in a zippered case by Artbin.
4. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I've been knitting off and on since the early 70's
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? No
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) Vanilla
7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? Yes! I love Jelly Bellies and Dove Dark Chocolates
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Scrapbooking, beading
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) Most kinds--no hip hop or heavy metal, though.
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand? Love red, yellow and purple. Hate orange, seriously dislike teal and turquoise
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? Single mom of 2 grown up and moved-out sons. Living with my mother and 2 spoiled cats.
12. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? Scarves-yes, hats, mittens or ponchos-no
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? Noro Kureyon, anything Artyarns, Koigu
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I can't take the fuzzy yarns like mohair
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s? I'm making lots of toddler socks for Children in Common. Just finished several lace scarves for holiday gifts.
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Scarves and shawls
17. What are you knitting right now? CIC socks and a couple of shawls
18. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? I love them!
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Circular or DPNs all the way
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? I prefer Bamboo
21. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? Winder-yes, swift-no
22. How did you learn to knit? I'm self taught from a variety of books
23. How old is your oldest UFO? I have no idea--guessing 2 years
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird? Don't really care about animated characters. I enjoy birding and photographing birds of all types
25. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas
26. Is there anything that you collect? Fenton art glass animals, Christopher Radko ornaments, digital scrapbooking supplies
27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? None right now--I don't knit sweaters (too warm here) so the patterns are pretty much wasted. I will buy a single issue if it looks good, though. Interweave Knits is my favorite.
28. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? Can I get back to you on this one?
29. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? I cant think of anything. I am considered an Aran-style afghan and some smaller cabled items.
30. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? The socks I knit are not for myself, but I enjoy knitting them for CIC. I generally use worsted weight wool or two strands of something lighter in weight.
31. When is your birthday? (mm/dd) June 22